Friday, October 15, 2010

Settling In, Again


So I'm back in France, again. Second time around, things are definitely easier. Knowing more of the language helps, a WHOLE lot! And after a year, I have come to really love the rhythm, vibe and pace of Nantes. The city, small but not too small, is just big enough to live modern. I love the fact that pedestrians skip merrily across the tramline without worry, even in the face of oncoming trams; the sound of Bouffay on a friday night, skipping down it's cobblestone streets and alleys, pulling into a Kebab at 1:30AM; protesting french people bringing traffic to halt -- LOVE it all!

Most of all, as I try to get settled again, it's really nice going through the stuff I had packed away for the summer and listening to Queen Ifrica while at it. So this weekend as I struggle with this new season sniffles, I'm getting all nostalgic and reliving my past adventures. As for what plans I have up my sleeves, I'd say: The Rest is Still Unwritten. A lionness is on the rise!

Have a great weekend, tout le monde!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving me a comment will definitely put a bright spark in my day. Thanks for stopping by.