Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mariage pluvieux, mariage heureux







Real love inspires me. Last saturday I went to what was officially my first French wedding and I admit, the best wedding I've ever witnessed. It was pure joy, unpretentious, not weighed down by ritualistic traditions; simply sincere and relaxed. So happy was I that I took a record 310 pictures (Yes, I take pictures when I'm happy).

To begin, I drove with the couple from their house to the Town Hall. When I got to the house, I was quite surprised to see the groom, Patrick, on site, getting dressed beside his lovely bride. I could ony remark "You're getting dressed together!" Nathalie, the bride remarked, "But of course, we can't go there naked." I couldn't help my next comment, "This is not what we see on TV, it doesn't happen like this!"

"Well this is more exciting, you see!" Nathalie assured.

So true! Nathalie's wedding ensemble started with a skirt she bought hurriedly in Syria earlier this year. Her friend Lucie , designer, could not resist its inspiration to create a wedding ensemble (headgear, tunic and inner blouse) that would represent Nathalie's Armenian ethnicity.

Oh, and did I mention that it also rained? All day? Well like the French say about rain on a wedding day: "Marriage pluvieux, marriage heureux". This is one is built to last. Félicitations mes amis, je suis trop contente pour vous.

1 comment:

  1. That wedding looks FABULOUS. Thanks for sharing :-) Love is absolutely inspiring!

    http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment will definitely put a bright spark in my day. Thanks for stopping by.