Monday, August 30, 2010

Bookshelf Obsession


I'm not a nosey one, but invite me over and I'll be all over your bookshelf. I won't touch or steal! I'm a book lover myself, so I understand being protective over such possessions.

I just have a weakness for staring, gloating, gooing and going gaga over collections of books --- love, love, love it. I get excited, a sudden rush of blood to the head. Seeing what books have interested others, taken them on journeys within their covers, introduced them to people, ideas and issues is a fetish I have. A bookshelf is like an open mind spread on a shelf and a showcase of what experiences we may even have in common. And they need not be limited to novels or books published in English. I remember once getting flushed seeing books on works by painters Modigliani and Matisse on the least expected bookshelves. It was like skipping into seventh heaven. Honestly, I wonder about the people who do not have even a few books collected around their home.


A bookshelf full of books I've read, touched and loved is a must-have for my tree-house dream office in my backyard. Can't hardly wait! In the mean time, here are a few bookshelves I've fawned over. The first two are bookshelves inside Victor Hugo's writing nook in the Victor Hugo House I saw on the Channel Island of Guernsey.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving me a comment will definitely put a bright spark in my day. Thanks for stopping by.