Sunday, August 15, 2010

Amsterdam Rides

When I was putting together a trip to Amsterdam, I asked friends and colleagues about ideas of things to do. Almost all noted that Amsterdam is a cyclist's dream track because of its flat topography and suggested renting a bicycle and travelling about the city. Up to this point I had only mastered starting off and was no good at steering confidence on the two wheels. But I tried nonetheless to get to the bottom of the Amsterdam bicycle must-do affair.

What did I find? Bicycles bundled like sticks, parked everywhere - on sidewalks, parking lots and even over the canals. Practical and hilarious, armed with streamlined paniers, crates and baby carriers and some distinctly pretty. Here are a few.
Family Ties
Busy Workman

Baby on Board

Crate Preferred

Pretty Little Thing

Moving Day

Parking Space

2 comments:

  1. these are so cute !! and i love first ones !
    cos a lot people enjoy together !!hehe

    http://naomuack.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are! I could hardly control myself from snapping everything bike-related:D

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment will definitely put a bright spark in my day. Thanks for stopping by.