Friday, August 27, 2010

Renew Repurpose Reclaim



My good friend Sarah shared this awesome find with me. It's actually an old factory building sitting on the bankside of the beautiful Loire river in Nantes, France. Instead of allowing the building to fall derelict, the city endorses an initative to have sites throughout the city renewed and repurposed through the ideas of local artists and innovators. And from this was born the idea of attaching a black pendulum to this old building. While it injects additional interest in the quaint Trentemoult fishing village in the city, it also gives the accomplishment a sense of cultural ownership, reclaim and re-investment into what the city may have felt it had lost with the end of its shipbuilding workshops. Neat idea, isn't it? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving me a comment will definitely put a bright spark in my day. Thanks for stopping by.