Monday, August 16, 2010

Carnac's Menhirs

Forget Stonehenge! The pre-historic stone alignments of Carnac in the region known as Brittany, France has by far, the largest collection of menhirs in the world. Dating back to the pre-Celtic people who lived in the region, the exact purpose of the collections of perfectly aligned rock erections is unknown for sure. Be it known there are many ideas about what the stones were intended for, but the story I like best is the one that encourages you - the visitor - to examine the menhirs and choose the one that gives off the same vibrations as yourself. I did this and it turned out to be quite a telling exercise. Here are some pics.
















2 comments:

  1. I never had the chance to visit this place, I hope to go one day ... and thanks for your visit on our family blog and your sweet comments about the pictures !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Isabelle, and for stopping by on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment will definitely put a bright spark in my day. Thanks for stopping by.