Friday, June 19, 2009

Wish List

The manager of human resources where I work has as her mantra: "What gets measured, gets done." I think there is some sense to it, but I also believe sometimes 'what gets measured may get dropped', but nonetheless, I admire her optimism - that's the way to go!

I have been travelling to various places on book pages and I have now decided that I am going to stir into some activity and try to actually see the places I've been dreaming about. I'm making my list and working to the cost. It seems that to get the reality I want starts with making that first mark on the blank page. Of course when I head off to a book store, I usually have some idea (vague or bold) of the some books I'd like to find, but then when I get there, I find so much more than I had bargained for. So, for a start - here goes:


Ride the Eurostar from London to Paris; Walk through the Sistine Chapel, the Vatican City, Rome; A bystander at the Cannes Film Festival; Jules Verne restaurant, Eiffel Tower, Paris; View the palaces in Versailles; Touch down on Dubrovnik; Live in New York City for a year; Somewhere in Germany; Somewhere in Holland; Gondola ride in Venice; Albarracin, Spain; Backpack across somewhere in Europe; Prague; The Louvre; Russia; Sweden; Greece;

Watch me add and do please, help me to add, if you wish.

2 comments:

  1. i have the same dream too, the urge to go backpacking across the world but the waves of reality wash it away. but what about Africa, Austrialia, the great wall of china, japan... their gardens are beautiful(so i hear), Hawaii,nepal and these are just a few. care to take me along when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for the reminder. Now I realise just how many places I have desired to see but left off my list - Japan yes, i have friends there and they tell me how beautiful the country and gardens are; Great Wall of China is synonymous with Disney World to me. But as I said, it's my first time putting pen to paper to make a list. So I will add (and keep adding) to my list. Thanks a million. And of course, you may come along - kindred interests usually make for good company.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment will definitely put a bright spark in my day. Thanks for stopping by.