Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend Finds


What should have been a slow, quiet day of sleeping on the beach - in between a few rounds of dominoes - turned into a weekend of running around town, making two very good finds.

I recently thought it would be nice to collect in one special place those sweet lines that have tickled my fancy, altered my perspective and inspired me in one way and others. Just some little treasures I find in songs, in an email, or read in a novel or poem. So while my collection had begun, I still hadn't found a notebook special enough to save them. Part of that was perhaps because I had certain specifications for the book I wanted: size -18.5cmx13cm, unruled paper, textured hard cover. I had even contacted a finehand bindery to have one custom-made, that did not get very far. Then it appeared, when I least expected.

Lying beneath is a cross-section of two squares of decorative paper I also found in the Liguanea Drug and Garden Centre. I love the sense of nostalgia captured in the designs. It reminds me of that special romantic charm of old handwritten letters from vintage times, written in French and rich in sentiment. There is a fair variety and the squares retail at a mere JMD$50 (-USD$1). Thinking on them gets me loving this Monday.
Now to get the perfect pen. I was hoping for a black Pilot but none of the places I've been into lately seem to have this brand -at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving me a comment will definitely put a bright spark in my day. Thanks for stopping by.