Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Movies


Nothing says it's summer quite like the movies - summer movies. The other night I was up late/early(1:30 a.m.) and couldn't help but watch (again, but) to the end - Summer Catch with Freddie Prince Jnr and Jessica Biel.

Click here to read Wiki's plot summary.

It took me back to the days when I spent the whole school year waiting for the freedom of summer to come back. The days when I had no big exams on the horizon. Days when I could spend couple days out of the week on a beach in Negril or Bluefields. Travel the countryside hither and thither with my Dad meeting new friends and reconnecting with old. Watch all those summer movies - all day and night: My Girl, Rags to Riches, Problem Child, Grease, Cry Baby, reruns of all my favourite teen-angst series. Morning reruns of 227 and The Jeffersons. Daytimes with music videos on BET, MTV's Summer Beachhouse and Beach Karaoke. Everything with kids happy, shopping, fun and boy crazy. Britney Spears, Missy, Timberland, Puff Daddy and Mase. Ahhh the days when the light bill didn't matter, neither did the price of gas, and fast food did not make me fat. The days when "I can't cook" was ok and didn't leave me starving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving me a comment will definitely put a bright spark in my day. Thanks for stopping by.