Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pear Time


My sweetheart at home says he's never seen a pear, much more to have ever had one. Sounds funny to some extent, but yet again we live in Jamaica where our idea of a pear equates with some varieties of what's called an avocado. Here, pear, the fruit from temperate places is called American Pear. This is what he claims to have never tasted.

So I decided to make him less provincial and introduce him to one or two of the varieties - Anjou and Boss - available locally. Into the light and with excitement.


And since I'm at it, this is how we here in JA have our own pear. Since summer salads aren't so very filling, I like to hit it up against some nice, soft bulla and call it supper. Believe me, beside sweethearts and a good book, it's the next best thing to come home to. Be sure to ask for it on your next trip down. I love pear season!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving me a comment will definitely put a bright spark in my day. Thanks for stopping by.